Probate/Juvenile Court Juror Information
- As a petit juror, you will be on call for a four month period.
- You will only be summoned to appear for jury duty if a specific case is set for trial.
- If you are selected as a juror, you may be involved in either a criminal or a civil trial. Our jury trials most often extend beyond the one date, and would be individual on your appearance letter.
- Length of trials can be different for each specific case. Our jury trials most often extend beyond the one date indicated depending on the cases scheduled. There are occasions where Monday or Tuesday trials could last three or four days;
- Thursday trials usually last two days. The judge will tell Jurors how long a trial is expected to last during the jury selection process. Please keep this in mind when scheduling around each of your jury service dates
To determine your need to report while you are on call, please use one of the following methods.
- Between 8:30 am and 4:30 pm you may call 740-833-2600, to inquire as to the status of your report date.
- After hours you can contact 740-833-2605, a recorded message will provide information regarding any potential trial dates.
- Online – Check Juror Reporting Update link.
Security Entry Requirements
All items brought into the building will be screened by security and all persons will be required to pass through a metal detector upon entering the building.
Prohibited Items in the Building
Items such as explosives, pepper spray, incendiary devices, knives, firearms, or any other dangerous weapons or ordinances are prohibited in the Hayes Building. Security has the right to make determinations as to what may qualify as a dangerous weapon and prohibit it from being brought into the building.
Please use good judgment and report for jury duty properly dressed. Revealing attire is not permitted in the courtrooms.
If you have any questions regarding your jury service, please contact the Jury Coordinator for the Delaware County Juvenile and Probate Court at 740-833-2600, Monday through Friday between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. After hours you may contact 740-833-2605, a recorded message will provide information regarding any upcoming trial dates. If mailing any documents, please send to Delaware County Juvenile Court, 145 North Union Street, Ground Floor, Delaware, Ohio 43015.
Location and Parking
The Delaware County Common Pleas of Delaware County Juvenile Division is located at 145 North Union Street in downtown Delaware. Parking is available in the lot close to the Hayes Building off of Union Street, in the lot across from the building on Union Street, on the street, and at a metered spaces on Sandusky Street.
Note: The public entrance to the Rutherford B. Hayes Building is on the ground level on the east side of the building off of the Union Street surface level parking lot. The Hayes Building has a single point of entry and all people entering the building must pass through a security check point.